- The elimination of paper handouts for more than 100 lectures and labs;
- Glass, paper, aluminum can and plastic recycling bins located throughout the Minneapolis Convention Center
- Food and beverages served with reuseable dishware and cutlery, as well as recyclable cups, whenever possible;
- A cardboard compacter at the convention center, which recycles 98 percent of materials;
- Food and beverages locally grown, in-season and organic, whenever possible;
- Food waste sent from the convention center to a hog farm for use as animal feed;
- Unopened food products donated to a local homeless shelter.