MANHATTAN, Kan.—The American Institute of Baking will host its annual Wholesale Commissary Pizza Crust Technology seminar May 2-3, 2006.
According to a news release, AIB director Tom Lehmann and a host of industry experts will lead the session, which will center on large-quantity pizza and pizza crust manufacturing.
- Topics to be discussed include:
- Trends in wholesale pizza crust production, including oven-rising crusts
- Creating innovative products
- Using specialized fat flakes to produce laminated crusts
- Use of additives to enhance manufacturing capabilities
- Dough pressing techniques
Kansas State University Professor Jon Faubion (formerly a director of Applied Research at Schwann's Food Co.) will discuss taking research and development products to full-scale production, and AIB's Brian Strouts will speak on developing new and different products rather than copying others'.
To view a full list of sessions and speakers, visit aibonline.org. You also may register online or call 800-242-2534.
For questions on the seminar, call Ken Embers at 800-633-5137, ext. 179, or e-mail email@example.com.