Zpizza is looking to start a pure pizza revolution with its new Rusticas, personal-sized free form crust pizzas, made with 100 percent certified organic wheat dough.
Options include curry chicken and yam and pear and gorgonzola, and are half the calories of the chain's regular pizzas. Zpizza will encourage customers to experience the new flavors by offering a buy-one-get-one free on all rusticas now through Jan. 31, 2011. Additionally, existing members of ztribe, Zpizza's loyalty program, will receive a free rustica during the promotional period, while new members will receive a free rustica with any purchase.
"We wanted to create a healthier, artisan pizza with many unique flavor profiles inspired by global cuisines," said Sid Fanarof, founder, Zpizza. "We used a thinner crust, infused ingredients authentic to dishes from India, Morocco, France and, of course, Italy. Like all of our pizzas, rustica dough and sauces are organic; we offer gluten-free and vegan options and our pepperoni and sausage are additive and MSG-free."
Zpizza rustica flavor combinations include:
- The chicken sausage rustica with marinara sauce, part skim mozzarella, arugula and chicken sausage.
- Zpizza's pear and gorgonzola rustica marries the flavors of savory and sweet with mozzarella and gorgonzola cheeses, and pear, then topped with fresh thyme.
- The Indian-inspired curry chicken and yam combines mozzarella and curry chicken, yams, mango chutney, raisins and cilantro.
- Mediterranean includes classic Mediterranean such as mozzarella topped with feta, artichoke hearts, roasted peppers, greek olives, oregano and pili pili oil.
- The North African Moroccan comes with basil pesto, mozzarella, roasted eggplant, feta, caramelized onions and pine nuts.