Registration is now open for the Foodservice Social Media Universe conference, Sept. 18-20, at San Francisco's Hotel Kabuki. Conference registration is $695, but drops to $595 for those who register before Aug. 22. Pre- and post-conference workshops also are being offered for an extra $99. Click here to register and to view the full agenda.
The conference is being produced by social media consulting firm FohBoh and NetWorldAlliance, a leading B2B Internet publishing company with the websites Fast Casual, QSR Web and Pizza Marketplace.
"This conference is going to bring together foodservice industry leaders who are using social media to increase morale, engage with customers and increase ROI," said Sarah Atkinson, of FohBoh. "The question is no longer 'if' you are doing social media, it's how well are you doing it. Whether or not you are engaging or monitoring what is being said about your brand is irrelevant. People are talking anyway."
Attendees will not only examine real-world examples from restaurant-industry leaders and concepts, they'll also learn how to use and implement the current social media tools within their own organizations.
"As a restaurant brand, you have to focus on what your goals and objectives are, who your guest is and where they consume their media," Atkinson said. "What works for Chili's may not work for Applebee's. Listening to your guests and figuring out how to connect with them is key."
Sessions will address B2B social media, how to develop a social media policy and recruiting. The most pressing social media questions will be answered by the conference's experts, Atkinson said.
"Attendees will not only learn from each other but from our expert panels and keynote speakers, including one of social media's biggest voices, Jeremiah Owyang," she said.
Owyang, a partner at the social media research and advisory firm Altimeter Group, publishes industry reports and provides social media counsel to clients. He'll use his expertise to give attendees tips, do's and don'ts and will talk about what's next in the ever-changing world of social media.
Other speakers include:
- Kathleen Wood, founder of Kathleen Wood Partners
- Steven Groves, online and social media strategist for ProfitStreams
- Michael L. Atkinson, founder and CEO of FohBoh
- Paul Barron, founder, DigitalCoco
- Nate DaPore, repsident and CEO of PeopleMatter
- Jill McFarland, VP of Marketing for Tango Tab
- Debbie Miller, social media and marketing strategist for Social Hospitality
- Dean Trevelino, principal, Trevelino/Keller
Sarah Atkinson said she and her staff have planned the summit based on their experience with helping restaurant brands develop better social media strategies.
"We stay up to date on new campaigns and have key insights into who is using social media platforms the best," she said. "We've selected these leaders to present and share their stories as well as leaders in the social media consulting space."
Agenda sneak peak
Some of Monday's sessions include:
- Software as a Service: Out of the Rain, into the Clouds
- Location-Based Services: A Universal Snap Shot
- Launch Pad: How to Develop Your Social Media Strategy
Tuesday's highlights include:
- Rewarding Brand Loyalty: The Evolution of Guest Satisfaction
- Intelligent Design: Understanding the Twittersphere
- Inside the Nucleus: Social Media Within Your Organization