California Pizza Kitchen Inc. has opened a new full-service restaurant in downtown Indianapolis.
The 6,000-square-foot restaurant is on Level 1 in the center of Circle Centre Mall. It seats 215 guests and includes outdoor patio seating.
Grand opening plans include a Charity Day to benefit the Simon Youth Foundation. The new CPK restaurant will donate 100-percent of all dine-in pizza sales during regular business hours on Aug. 16 to the foundation, which supports the Simon Youth Academies, alternative schools that serve high school students who have or are at risk of dropping out, and Simon Youth Scholarships. There are 23 Simon Youth Academies operating in 13 states, and more than 8,000 students have graduated from the schools since 1998.
The menu will feature California Pizza Kitchen signatures, along with the newest menu additions including:
- Mediterranean Focaccia – Herb cheese focaccia served with Mediterranean Olive Oil and Parmesan.
- Crispy Mac 'N' Cheese – Classic mac 'n' cheese lightly fried with panko, served on creamy cheese sauce.
- Dynamite Shrimp appetizer – Lightly fried shrimp tossed in spicy sweet chili sauce with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Artichoke & Broccoli Soup – A blend of artichoke hearts, broccoli, Romano, Cheddar and Parmesan. Garnished with homemade croutons.
- Caramelized Peach Salad – Field greens, spinach, warm caramelized peaches, dried cranberries, red onion, toasted pecans and gorgonzola tossed in white balsamic vinaigrette.
- Roasted Vegetable Salad – Roasted artichoke hearts, asparagus, Japanese eggplant, red & yellow peppers, corn and sun-dried tomatoes, served warm over Romaine lettuce, tossed in homemade Dijon balsamic vinaigrette and topped with fresh avocado.
- Habanero Carnitas Pizza – Slow-roasted pulled pork, red onions, cilantro pesto, Mozzarella and queso quesadilla cheese with SPICY habanero salsa.
- Carnitas Tacos – Slow-roasted pork, homemade avocado salsa verde, red onions, cilantro, romaine and shredded Napa cabbage served with tortilla chips and roasted tomato salsa.
- Strawberry Shortcake – Fresh strawberries on a shortcake biscuit with homemade whipped cream and candied lemon zest.
The new restaurant also will feature an extensive beverage menu from its full bar.
For more information about franchising and growth, click here.