Social technology and interactive media expert Jeremiah Owyang will deliver the opening keynote address for the inaugural Foodservice Social Media Universe (FSMU) event at Hotel Kabuki in downtown San Francisco Sept. 18-20.
The conference is geared toward restaurant industry professionals and will offer topics on how to integrate social media into their marketing and operations. Brands participating include Cracker Barrel, Firehouse Subs, LivingSocial, McAlister's Deli, Red Robin and Taco Bell.
Owyang's opening keynote will focus on how to develop a social business strategy for foodservice.
Owyang is a thought leader on Web strategy, interactive marketing and social technologies. He is a partner at Altimeter Group and the author of the blog "Web Strategy," which focuses on how corporations connect with their customers using Web technologies. The "Web Strategy" blog has been rated as the "Top Industry" analyst blog by Edelman since 2008. Prior to joining Altimeter Group, Owyang was a senior analyst at Forrester Research.
In addition to Owyang, the FSMU will include four keynotes and 15 breakout sessions with more than 50 presenters and panelists, including:
- Michael Atkinson, founder/CEO, FohBoh Inc.
- Avery Block, social engagement & brand champion, Taco Bell Corp.
- Tom Hanson, COO, Pacific Catch
- Annica Kreider, vice president of Marketing, McAlister's Corp.
- Ron Parikh, CMO, Genghis Grill
- Tim Schroder, vice president of Marketing, Which Wich Superior Sandwiches
- Nicole Walls, vice president of Marketing, Cracker Barrel
Breakout session topics include:
- Social Media Within Your Organization – Getting the C-Suite Activated
- Leveraging Facebook for Your Brand
- Understanding the Twittersphere
- Location-Based Services: A Universal Snap Shot
- Rewarding Brand Loyalty: The Evolution of Guest Satisfaction
- Monitoring Your Social Sphere
- Daily Deals in Practical Terms
- Building a Social Media Policy
- Social Media for Recruiting
The full agenda for FSMU is available online. Attendees may also register through the FSMU website.
Foodservice Social Media Universe is presented jointly by FohBoh Inc. and NetWorld Alliance, publisher of restaurant media sites FastCasual.com, QSRweb.com and PizzaMarketplace.com. FohBoh provides social business products and service solutions to the $1.2 trillion foodservice industry.
Read more about social media.