Atlanta-based Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers kicked off a company-wide promotion centered on fall inspired flavors. The promotion, The Home Grown Harvest, runs through Nov. 20.
"With the fall season upon us, Mellow has taken popular fall flavors and infused them with a bold and unique twist to create new menu items. It is the perfect combination of classic Mellow flavors and traditional fall foods," said David Danowitz, director of operations.
New fall promotional menu items (see photos here) include:
- Drunken Fun-Guys: Mellow's signature dough transformed into bite-size pieces served with three beer-infused sauces -- a spicy cheese dip with Abita Turbodog brown ale, a stout and honey glaze, and a Rogue Dead Guy ale spicy mustard;
- Magic Mushroom Soup: Mushroom soup in a wine and herb broth blended with Montamore and creamy Italian cheese. Garnished with grilled shiitake, button and Portobello mushrooms and fresh chives;
- Ham Orchard Hoagie: Thinly-sliced ham, sliced apples, Montamore cheese, honey mustard and arugula toasted on a choice of bread;
- The Big Cheese: Melted Mozzarella, Montamore and cheddar cheese with a garlic aioli, topped with peppered Applewood smoked bacon, arugula and tomatoes toasted on a choice of bread;
- Home Grown Harvest Pie: Roasted butternut squash with nutmeg on an olive oil and garlic base, topped with a shaved parmesan and Montamore cheese with a swirl of Arugula pesto;
- Holy Shiitake Pie: A blend of grilled shiitake, button and Portobello mushrooms with caramelized onions on an olive oil and garlic base, topped with mozzarella and Montamore cheese drizzled with garlic aioli and black truffle oil. Garnished with fresh chives and shaved parmesan;
- Steak 'n Stout Pie: A combination of premium steak, grilled shiitake, button and Portobello mushrooms, spinach and caramelized onions on a stout and honey glaze base topped with Montamore cheese; and
- Kenny's All Natural Pumpkin Cheesecake: Pumpkin cheesecake with nutmeg and spices drizzled with caramel and topped with whipped cream.
Guests will also have a chance to win instant prizes including menu items, $1,000 cash, or free pizza for a year through a scratch-off game piece.
The game piece will also contain a code that allows customers the opportunity to play Mel's Holy Shiitake Challenge game online. By playing the game, guests may enter to win a trip-for-two on the Jam Cruise, Jan. 9-14, 2012, featuring more than 40 bands. The prize also includes airfare and $1,000 cash. The cruise leaves Fort Lauderdale, Fla., and stops in Haiti and Jamaica.
Read more about food and beverage launches.