A new release of SpeedLine 6.3 is now available, offering flexibility and scalability for restaurants' POS implementations.
Rather than forcing chains to adapt their operations to the POS, SpeedLine 6.3 offers flexible options for everything from menu design and system configuration to seamless integrated technology extensions.
With new coupon controls, restaurant operators can choose whether to apply a coupon automatically for package deals or loyalty rewards, apply a coupon invisibly as special pricing, or highlight the savings on the receipt. The system can also track the sale of a value meal or package as a single item, or track components individually.
"One challenge many restaurant companies face in adopting a new point of sale system is fit," said SpeedLine marketing manager Jennifer Wiebe. "Every chain has its own metrics and methods of pricing, discounting, and reporting."
SpeedLine's new report options let restaurant operators tailor sales reporting to match their metrics and methods, include or exclude items such as coupon books or charity donation vouchers in net sales reporting, and see separate totals for non-taxable items such as take-and-bake pizzas.
Additionally, chains with web and mobile ordering can choose to process payments online, or immediately authorize at the store.
Managing service levels has been simplified with new choices for setting quoted ready times for delivery and pickup orders, allowing the system to calculate times automatically based on kitchen load, and giving staff the ability to enter a quoted time or number of minutes for each order.
"For chains SpeedLine 6.3 provides a new level of insight and control over store-to-store performance," Wiebe said.
Other features in the new SpeedLine 6.3 include:
- Easily accessible ticket-level food cost detail;A menu tagging system for more flexible custom reporting;
- Full ticket images maintained in the head office database for every customer transaction;
- Encrypted paycard data for cost-effective payroll; New employee data validation and security settings reduce payroll errors and related costs, and ensure compliance with new personal privacy regulations;
- Chains that connect with stores via VPN can increase online ordering margins with a PCI compliant online ordering firewall at the head office;
- Detailed daily metrics and summary reporting for any date range;
- Caller ID list-select for companies with multiple phone extensions; and
- Surcharges for a specific tender type.
Read more about POS systems.