Snapfinger, a provider of remote Web and mobile ordering and pre-payment services for the restaurant industry, has launched a new mobile app that integrates into merchant POS systems.
Utilizing the latest Apple software, Snapfinger's new version 4.0 iPhone and iPad app supports the newly implemented iSO5 code base.
With the Snapfinger app, customers can order from more than 12,000 restaurant locations based on name, location and cuisine.
"Without POS integration, most remote ordering solutions are problematic, failing to capture customer data, and are more often unable to provide consumers with accurate real time menu information," said Jim Garrett, CEO of Snapfinger. "The consumer who relies on online and mobile ordering is often technologically astute and convenience driven so they expect ordering accuracy and timeliness which simply doesn't exist consistently in a non-POS integrated environment."
According to a company press release, the Snapfinger app is integrated into more than a dozen POS platforms that make up 90 percent of the market. With the integration, restaurant managers need only ensure their POS options are accurate during the restaurant opening process, taking into consideration daily specials and promotions, pricing changes and out of stock menu items.
The Snapfinger version 4.0 also features:
- Search restaurants by name, location, cuisine and/or specific menu item and select pick up time and date;
- View a restaurant database that includes all menu items, updated in real-time with price verification, for each restaurant;
- New tabbed interface gives immediate access to searching, current order, previous orders, favorite restaurants and account information;
- Enhanced design includes faster menu load and item configuration;
- New map features more than 500,000 restaurants so customers know exactly what is around them at home and abroad;
- Customers can save favorite restaurants and orders for one touch re-ordering; and
- Mobile pre-pay and save the receipt as an image file on the iPhone or iPad.
Read more about mobile apps.