Find Me Gluten Free, a gluten-free restaurant and business finder smartphone app, has announced the winners of the inaugural Foggy Awards – honoring leaders in the celiac disease and gluten-free communities.
Title sponsor of the Foggy Awards is New Orleans-based Naked Pizza.
"The Foggy Awards and Find Me Gluten Free are the epicenter of the gluten-free world and Naked Pizza is proud to do our part in being a title sponsor," said Mark Cuban, partner with Naked Pizza.
This year's winners include:
- Male Executive of the Year: Rick Federico, CEO, PF Chang's;
- Female Executive of the Year: Cynthia Kupper, Gluten International Group North America;
- Lifetime Achievement: Alice Bast, The National Foundation for Celica Awareness;
- Doctor of the Year: Dr. Scot Lewey, "The Food Doctor;"
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Kyra Bussanich, "Crave Bake Shop," founder;
- Personality of the Year: Shauna Ahern, Gluten-Free Girl, writer; and
- Top 40 Under 40: Vanessa Maltin Weisbrod, Delight Gluten Free Magazine.
The name of the Naked Pizza Foggy Awards and its lighthouse logo were created as a metaphor for providing light to people navigating through gluten-free diets. "Foggy" brain is a major symptom for those with Celiac Disease.
"The Naked Pizza Foggy Awards were created out of a need to shine light on the individuals in the gluten-free industry," says Darin Alpert, COO of Find Me Gluten Free and creator of the Naked Pizza awards. "There are some great nominees with incredible stories about what they are doing in the realm of Celiac Disease and gluten-free living, and the world needs to know about them. Having Mark Cuban and Naked Pizza on board will bring more awareness to the gluten-free community."
The public helped vote for the nominee in each category.
Read more food safety news.