Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers will open its newest unit Monday in Phoenix's CityNorth, a 144-acre mixed-use community planned next to Desert Ridge. The restaurant will be located on the corner of High and 54th streets and will be owned by Jay and Diana Beskind.
"Mellow Mushroom has had an incredible reception from our guests in Happy Valley and we're looking forward to expanding our presence in the North Phoenix area. The unique restaurant design and menu will offer an unforgettable experience to locals and tourists alike," the couple said.
Mellow Mushroom's menu features a variety of unique pizzas, hoagies, salads, calzones and appetizers, as well as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and kid-friendly selections.
This Mellow features a classic jazz décor and an art package with elements that include:
- Three large instrument-designed chandeliers hanging over the main dining area;
- Large surreal murals of musical instruments morphing into each other;
- Decorative lighting displayed on actual concert trusses;
- 20th century posters and jazz album covers featuring Ray Charles, Miles Davis and more; and
- 16-foot-tall-by-20-foot-wide Peter Ferrari Mural.
In addition, there is a private dining area.
Read more about franchising and growth.