Detroit-based Buddy's Pizza has introduced a new line of Great Lakes-themed pizzas to support the Alliance for the Great Lakes, an environmental group that works to conserve the world's largest freshwater resource.
According to the Associated Press, $1 from each pie sold from the Made in Michigan Great Lakes Pizza Collection will be donated to the group.
The line includes:
- Lake Michigan, with the Motor City cheese blend, ground beef, caramelized onions, blue cheese and tomato basil sauce;
- Lake Superior pizza, with Motor City Cheese Blend, basil, pine nuts, pepperoni, tomato basil sauce and Buddy's spice blend;
- Lake Erie, with Motor City cheese blend, red onion, roasted red peppers, salami, mile pepper rings and tomato basil sauce;
- Lake Ontario, with Motor City cheese blend, cilantro, Canadian bacon, grilled pineapple and Buddy's BBQ Sauce; and
- Lake Huron, with Motor City cheese blend, spinach artichoke blend, roasted tomatoes and fresh spinach.
Read more about food and beverage innovations.