Domino's Pizza has chosen its pizza box proverbs again this year, pulled from nearly 8,000 customer submissions. Eight proverbs in total were chosen and will be featured on a special run of pizza boxes.
In a twist this year, the company is asking customers to vote for their favorite proverbs by pinning them on the brand's new Pinterest page.
The eight proverbs include:
- "The darkest hour is before the doorbell rings," submitted by Will Spiers, Atlanta;
- "It's all fun and games till someone loses an olive," Kimberlee Hart, Phoenix;
- "A rolling pepperoni gathers no sauce," Susan Johnson, Pickerington, Ohio;
- "No good pizza goes unfinished," Jon McKenzie, Bellflower, Calif.;
- "Pizzas rush in where burgers fear to tread," Barbara Gierzak, Jacksonville, Fla.;
- "Ask not for whom the bell pepper tolls. It tolls for thee," R.S. Maryville, Mo.;
- "No pizza is an island, unless it's Hawaiian," Nate Gill, Akron, Ohio;
- "Moderation in all things, except mozzarella," Megan Mitzel, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Spiers' "The darkest hour is before the doorbell rings," was the chain's proverb winner. More information is available at PizzaProverbs.com.
Read more about social media marketing.