Old Chicago has rolled out its first completely refreshed bar menu in more than three years. The lineup features nine new libations.
With a beverage mix at an industry-high 40 percent, the new menu continues to hold Old Chicago's 110 beers in high standing, while incorporating several hand-crafted cocktails, including Prohibition Lemonade, fresh-squeezed with Canadian Whisky to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the end of prohibition.
"Old Chicago is known for made-from-scratch pizzas and calzones, but with our beverage mix at an industry-high 40 percent, our new handcrafted cocktails – many featuring fresh-squeezed lemonade – are taking center stage," said Stuart Melia, vice president of beverage for parent company CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries. "Additionally, as a result of guest feedback, we've added pricing to each item on the beverage menu, removing guessing games and placing the purchasing power back in the guests' hands, where it belongs."
Old Chicago's addition of beverage pricing to the new menu reflects ongoing consumer demand. In a survey presented at the March 2012 VIBE Beverage Conference, consumers ranked pricing as the most important element of a drink menu, ahead of beverage descriptions and pictures.
The 16-page Old Chicago bar menu features more than 30 draft beers, a variety of four-beer sampling suggestions, classic margaritas and mojitos, wine selections and non-alcoholic options in addition to new fresh-crafted cocktails, including:
- Prohibition Lemonade: Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the end of prohibition with lemonade, fresh-squeezed with Canadian Crown Royal Whisky for $5.99;
- Rum Berry Limonée: Fresh-squeezed lemonade mixed with Bacardi Limón rum and strawberry purée for $5.79;
- Ultimate A.P.: Made with Ketel One vodka, fresh-squeezed lemonade and iced tea for $6.49;
- OC Iced Tea: Old Chicago's fruity take on a summertime favorite brings Smirnoff Vanilla, Raspberry and Orange Twist vodkas together with sour and cola for $5.49;
- Sunset Beach: With Malibu Coconut rum, blackberry brandy, pineapple and cranberry juices for $4.99.
Also, made-from-scratch Happy Hour menu items and desserts have been added to the new bar menu, including Old Chicago's signature and top-selling Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls, Old Chicago's Famous Big Cookie, and the new one-topping mini pizzas for under $3.
Read more about food and beverage introductions.