Papa Murphy's has introduced a premium pizza line with quality ingredients designed to fit the rising trend of gourmet offerings.
The three new pizzas feature ingredients such as fennel sausage, goat cheese, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella and arugula.
The line includes:
- Goat Cheese and Fennel Sausage: Creamy garlic sauce, pepperoni, spinach, fennel sausage, mushrooms, goat cheese, zesty herbs;
- Fennel Sausage & Sun-dried Tomato: Red sauce, pepperoni, fennel sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, black olives, feta; and
- Prosciutto & Arugula delite: Red sauce, prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, arugula.
"Papa Murphy's has always been the market leader in high-quality pizza and these ingredients will catapult us way ahead of competitors with consumers who are highly motivated by taste," said Carron Harris, vice president of product development and corporate chef of Papa Murphy's. "With the popularity of chef TV shows and food cart vendors, American consumers are exposed to new, distinctive foods they want on pizza. We tested trending toppings with our customers and created irresistible pizzas, freshly made at the store so customers can bring them home to bake."
Datassential, a restaurant market research firm, reports a rising demand for the types of ingredients featured in Papa Murphy's Primo Line. For example, on menus from 2008 to now:
- Arugula salad is up 43 percent;
- Fennel (the seed in fennel sausage) is up 30 percent;
- Goat Cheese is up 21 percent; and Fresh Mozzarella is up 11 percent.
The Primo Line is now in test markets across the country and starts at $15.
Read more about food and beverage rollouts.