Restaurants love the additional customers that bright neon signs attract, but hate the maintenance hassles, aesthetic challenges, high costs, and safety hazards associated with high voltage glass neon products. According to Optiva, the solution to all of that is SpellBrite, a "click-together" LED signage system consisting of individual letters, numbers and symbols.
Restaurants can attract more customers by creating unique, targeted signs featuring products and services offered, specials, phone numbers, lunch combos, seasonal promotions, websites, extended business hours or any other custom messages. No other signage medium offers the flexibility and customer drawing impact of SpellBrite, said Sean Callahan, CEO of Optiva.
"Bright illuminated signs attract more customers because they capture the attention of your prospects – the human eye is drawn to light 5 to 6 times the ambient level," he said. "Printed signs lack impact in the day and fade away at night. The traditional light source for bright signs, neon, is fraught with numerous issues. That's why we invented SpellBrite."
In addition to being named Retailer Top Pick by retailers at the 2012 NACS trade show and Best New Product at the 2012 ISA International Sign Expo, SpellBrite won positive reviews from top chains at this year's National Restaurant Association Show. Restaurant operators love the new signage product, Callahan said, because it enables them to:
- Grab their prospects' attention with a sign that is highly visible, day and night.
- Communicate attractive offerings and promotions directly to prospective customers in a location's trade area.
- Maintain brand consistency.
- Change their message any time.
- Increase local mindshare by reinforcing their message 24 hours a day.
"It blew me away when I first saw it," stated Jim Howell, owner of Perky's Pizza, which is based in Oldsmar, Fla., and has more than 700 locations. "We have tested several SpellBrite signs and the response has been phenomenal. SpellBrite will be great for our business."
Interchangeable "click-together" letters offer versatility
SpellBrite is designed to make it easy and affordable for entrepreneurs and franchise operators to create and change illuminated signs which attract more customers and enhance the look of their establishment, said Callahan. Features and benefits include:
- Stunning look without the distorted letters, tape or paint associated with neon.
- Up to 50 percent less expensive than neon, with none of the maintenance hassles.
- Multiple dimming and animation effects for maximum attention-grabbing impact.
- Benefits of LEDs – long life, lower energy costs, low voltage, impact resistant, and safe to touch.
- Patent-pending, interlocking assembly makes sign building simple.
- Lightweight, easy-mount, see-through design enables users to place signs virtually anywhere.
- 43 unique, 6 ¼-inch letters, characters and numbers for maximum flexibility and customization.
Watch below to learn how it works.