Syrus Restaurant Information Services, a provider of restaurant technologies, has launched a new mobile- and tablet-optimized website for restaurant inventory tracking and ordering.
Restaurant managers now have quick access to their inventory and ordering information using any Web-enabled tablet or smartphone, according to a company press release. The device's mobility gives managers greater freedom to serve guests as the optimized website lets them track restaurant inventory, place orders, manage product transfers, and track waste.
The site is designed to help address customer pain points and offers the following:
- Faster Inventory Analysis — The newly optimized website memorizes the manager's inventory and ordering counting path, increasing efficiencies; all information captured through a device automatically flows to the full Syrus reporting site.
- Time-Saving Capabilities — Managers no longer have to do paper counts and enter them into a computer system. All counts are recorded directly, reducing the amount of time spent back-of-house, allowing managers to spend more time on the front-line with their employees and customers.
- Reduced Calculation Errors — The site calculates multiple quantities and product sizes, reducing incidences of human error.
- Reduced Paper Waste — Counts are entered directly into the tablet or mobile device, reducing paper count-sheet waste.
- Quicker Data Transmission — Because inventory is saved through the website, information is immediately available to all designated users.
Customers using the Syrus website on their tablet or web-enabled phone will automatically be directed to the optimized website. No special website addresses are necessary, and no downloads are required. The new site is designed for all Web-enabled tablet and smartphones.
Syrus customers using the new optimized site are already reporting a time-savings of three to four hours per week, when compared to the printed count sheet method, according to the release.
Read more about technology.