Detroit Style Pizza Co. announced its pizza tours for kids will now be held at its new Roseville, Mich., location. Developed by founder and World Champion Pizza Maker Shawn Randazzo, the tours serve as group outing activities for schools, churches and scouting troops and last 90 minutes.
Each Detroit Style Pizza Co. Tour features:
- A history lesson on the 1946 origins of Authentic Detroit Style Pizza, the automotive parts trays pans they're traditionally baked in and what makes the style of pizza unique.
- A tour of the kitchen, where children get to meet staff and learn what their individual jobs are. Children also learn about kitchen safety and the entire pizza preparation process, including the science behind dough fermentation.
- A pizza box folding contest, with gift cards awarded to the fastest three folders.
- An opportunity for each child (and adult) to make their own Authentic Detroit Style Pizza with up to three toppings each. The children are involved in the entire "hands-on" process and learn how to properly prepare Authentic Detroit Style Pizza.
- The chance to play with pizza dough.
- A pizza party in which each child gets to eat the pizza they made.
- Goodie bags with stickers, a menu and a 50-percent off coupon for Detroit Style Pizza Co. In addition, scouts receive a Pizza Tour Fun Patch.
"We're thrilled to bring our Detroit Style Pizza Co. tour to our new Roseville location, which was designed to immerse families in the entire Detroit experience complete with Detroit-themed wall art, a large dining area and of course Authentic Detroit Style Pizza," Randazzo said. "A lot of people don't know how much history is behind Detroit Style Pizza, so our goal is to make sure everyone has a blast learning about Detroit history and our pizza style. For my part, watching the kids' faces light up when they get to eat the pizzas they made themselves is an incredibly rewarding experience."
The Detroit Style Pizza Co. Tour has been a feature at the company's St. Clair Shores and Clinton Township, Mich., locations. The ideal group size for the tour is 5 to 30 people, including adults. Tours must be scheduled at least a week in advance and are held between 9 a.m. and noon Saturdays and Sundays as well as from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on non-school weekdays, subject to availability. The fee for the tour is $10 per person.
Read more about marketing and promotions.