Mellow Mushroom has crowdsourced its own employees to create a new menu. According to a news release, servers, bartenders, prep and line cooks from more than 160 Mellow Mushroom locations across the country created the menu, with homemade dishes such as the Quirky Turkey Club pie, the Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzone and the Thaidal Wave Sweet Thai Chili Chicken Hoagie.
The items are available nationwide through March 31.
The menu is a result of Mellow Mushroom's Homegrown Challenge, calling for the best pizza, salad, calzone, hoagie and cocktail recipes from their employees. More than 85 recipes were submitted and judged on taste, presentation and originality. After whittling down the submissions to the seven finalists that now comprise the Homegrown Picks menu, a panel of professional judges determined an overall food and cocktail winner.
The panel consisted of Eater Atlanta editor Sonia Chopra, Chef Rory Moon, 4-time James Beard award winning food writer Kim Severson, mixologist Todd Richman and Home-Grown Industries CEO Richard Brasch.
The new menu includes:
- Thaidal Wave Hoagie – All-natural sweet Thai chili chicken, grilled onions and mushrooms, provolone cheese, fresh broccoli and tomatoes, mayonnaise and finished with a balsamic glaze drizzle. Awarded Best Overall Food.
- Blueberry Vodka Mojito – Fresh blueberries, mint and lime muddled with simple syrup then shaken with American Harvest organic vodka and guava nectar and finished with a splash of soda. Awarded Best Overall Cocktail
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzone – All-natural chicken, maple-glazed ham, Swiss and mozzarella cheeses with dijonnaise sauce. All layered inside Mellow Mushroom's dough and baked.
- Quirky Turkey Club Pie – A Mellow Mushroom pizza with an olive oil and garlic base, topped with Applewood smoked bacon, turkey, caramelized onions, fresh spinach, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses and finished with sliced organic apples and a swirl of honey mustard.
- Slow Ridin' Chicken Salad – Grilled all-natural chicken chopped and blended with finely diced jalapeno, caramelized pecans, organic apples and mayo, all served on garlic toast points.
- The Pom Pom – American Harvest organic vodka, St. Germaine elderflower liqueur, house-made sour mix, pomegranate syrup and a splash of soda, garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds and lime.
- Cucumber Melon Cooler – Fresh cucumber and honeydew melon, honey simple syrup and agave sour all mixed with American Harvest organic vodka and garnished with fresh cucumber.