1. Wireless Ronin will be showcasing its RoninCast menu boards for menu labeling in NRA Show booth No. 7404. The menu boards are designed to help restaurant operators stay in compliance with the new menu labeling legislation passed earlier this year. The menu boards enable full database integration, day-part scheduling, and menu space management tools. Operators also will have the ability to:
- Automatically update calorie, serving size and other information
- Segment and zone menu item transitions and rotations to help communication more information
- Schedule menus to automatically change between breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Centralized network management to keep nutritional information accurate in all locations
- Maintain corporate oversight while providing local store level control
2. Vegawatt will debut its Cogeneration System in booth No. 1762 The Vegawatt is an automated energy cogeneration system that generates on-site electricity and hot water for foodservice operations through the use of vegetable oil waste generated from fryers as a fuel source.
The system is designed to save operators between $7,000-$10,000 per year in energy costs in addition to help with the reduction of a restaurant's carbon footprint and waste oil hauling costs.
3. Cooper Tea Company will unveil its B.W. Cooper's Unsweetened Blackberry Tea during this year's show in booth No. 1644. Specialty iced tea is the No. 1 nonalcoholic beverage trend, according to the National Restaurant Association's 2010 Restaurant Industry Forecast.