|PizzaMarketplace.com E-Mail News Alerts Get the latest pizza news and information delivered to your inbox!|
- Single estate food: Wine, chocolate, coffee, mozzarella; the more a retailer can pinpoint the origin of a food, the more popular it should be.
- Eating in: "Not great news for restaurants," the report says. But if you mimic the homey, homespun nature of a meal at home — and close to the price point — it's a win-win for everyone.
- The underground restaurant movement: "Look for more restaurateurs to set up shop in unlicensed premises like warehouses, apartments, or even urban garages." It's trendy and makes for cheaper overhead.
- Tea: "Look for tea to take over as the hip drink of choice for the Twitterati," the report said.
- Regional coffee retailers: Contributing to a restaurant's credibility is the sourcing of its products. This could play especially well with pizzerias that can push a premium after dinner espresso.
To read the rest of the report, visit the company's Web site.