Modern Media today announced that TWTRCON NY 2010, a one-day conference on the business use of Twitter taking place June 14 at the Hilton New York, will focus on how companies using the real-time web and location-based platforms are transforming businesses and driving revenue. Industry experts including Martha Stewart, Dennis Crowley (Foursquare), Marty St. George (JetBlue), Frank Eliason (Comcast) and Brad Nelson (Starbucks), among numerous others, will share best practices for implementing the real-time web to drive bottom line results.
"With Twitter, the real-time web and location-based services all driving business opportunities, we created TWTRCON to help companies figure out how to best use these technologies," said Tonia Ries, founder and CEO of Modern Media, and host of the event. "At TWTRCON NY, we will showcase leading organizations who are utilizing Twitter and the real-time web to transform their business, and will also hear from technology experts about new trends that will affect how brands use these tools in the future."
TWTRCON NY 2010 will feature keynotes from Martha Stewart, who will be interviewed by New York Times columnist David Pogue; from JetBlue CMO Marty St. George; and from oneforty.com founder Laura Fitton. The conference will include panel discussions and case study sessions covering:
- Location-based marketing strategies, with Foursquare co-founder Dennis Crowley, Gowalla CEO Josh Williams and Starbucks' Brad Nelson
- The bottom-line value of the real-time web, moderated by Steve Rubel, with panelists from Domino's Pizza, Newell Rubbermaid, Whole Foods Market and LiveStrong.org
- Customer service and real-time response, with Comcast's Frank Eliason, PepsiCo's Joshua Karpf, AT&T's Shawn McPike and NASA's Stephanie Schierholz
- Real-time search, with Google Search product manager Dylan Casey
- Twitter business case studies from Dell and TurboTax
TWTRCON NY, the Twitter business conference, is taking place during Internet Week New York 2010. TWTRCON NY 2010 is the third TWTRCON event. TWTRCON NY is produced by Modern Media, which also publishes social media case studies and statistics at Social Media at Work.