Jan. 3, 2014
As 2013 enters the proverbial scrap heap of life, we turn our eyes to a new and tantalizing year.
I say tantalizing because every New Year should seem that way. Instead of just hoping that 2014 will be better than last year, take a few steps to make sure it’s a great year. We suggest you look at the “pain” in your business life; i.e. what’s causing you to regularly stress out? Our guess is that you are one of many in corporate America trying to do more with less.
We at Axis Purchasing have a simple New Year’s wish for you: Get yourself some help. What we are suggesting is the kind of help that you can really count on to take some of the pressure off, so you can deal with the larger issues at hand.
Think about it … true professionals rely on a support system so they can be more effective in areas of need. Doctors use a network of nurse practitioners so they can focus on the greater needs, high-powered attorneys use paralegals reserving valuable time for steering the team. Don’t you want support so you can focus on strategic and key initiatives?
So why not add a pro to your purchasing staff without having to pay the expense of "hiring" a new employee? At a time when your company is demanding more from you while providing less resources and money to do so, we suggest you enlist a Group Purchasing Organization (GPO).
By doing so, you can add leverage by joining forces with larger companies. You can focus your time on key strategic areas like co-branding, large purchases and the operations. Meanwhile, you get help on lower spends and areas where your time will not produce a great return.
By teaming with the right GPO, you retain complete control and acquire the ability to use them to your advantage, without the hassle of adding a new staff member or incurring the cost of paying a consulting firm. In addition, you will look great in the eyes of senior management by finding a creative way to increase scope without any expense.
- Increased pool of manufacturers and suppliers with a broad range of products food, supplies, and services.
- Clout! $10 billion in combined purchases will bring value.
- Benchmark opportunities of your existing programs. You will know for certain that you have the best agreements with complete visibility and transparency – incentives, rebates, and contract prices.
- Market intelligence keeping abreast of alternative products that meet the required use and quality expectations.
- Ease-of-use – no crunching numbers, checking pricing, tracking spend, filing proof of purchase. Save that time for more important tasks.
You will gain a real partner, who not only will save you money, but also save you time and stress.
So, here is our wish to you: Get some help and with it improve your outlook for this year and years to come. 2014 is going to be a tough year — don’t go it alone. Happy New Year from all of us at Axis Purchasing.