- WHITE PAPERS
Networld Media Group Editorial Policy: Publishing Policy & News Standards
Networld sites offer news and information about specific industries, technologies and applications. This content includes news, feature articles, discussion forums, how-to guides, special reports, case studies, blogs, videos, webinars and information supplied by readers.
Our business model relies on revenue from advertisers and sponsors. These companies advertise products and services through banners, storefronts, product listings and other marketing vehicles. They also sponsor specific portions or features of the sites.
Our editorial objective is to inform readers of relevant news and information. We also provide a forum for the advancement of industry causes. We are objective, fair and honest in our industry coverage. Our mission is to offer information and ideas that interest and inform readers. We use a variety of resources to gather and report on the industries we cover. We encourage those who advertise on our sites to provide us with information to be used in news, but any inclusion of content on the sites is determined by its editorial value, solely as determined by the editorial staff.
1. Our editorial mandate is to inform our audience of news, information and resources relevant to our chosen industries. We strive to be an unbiased source in that we publish only information that we believe to be relevant and important.
Our foremost goal in reporting news is to be accurate, truthful, balanced and fair to all parties.
In addition to reporting on the industries we cover, we are advocates and supporters of these industries, and in general strive to advance causes and issues important to those industries.
2. We welcome and value any and all reader feedback and criticism.
3. Networld encourages readers and industry executives to contribute columns, commentaries and blogs. Guidelines for these columns are that they focus on topics of interest to our readership; that they not serve as an overtly promotional tool for a company or product; that they are not malicious and/or libelous; and that they be truthful.
While we encourage the submission of commentaries, Networld does not guarantee it will publish them. We may accept or reject copy as is, edit it for style or clarity, or ask the sender for revisions.
4. We are not responsible for the accuracy of content or other resources provided by outside parties. Links are checked for accuracy at the time of publication, but we recognize that the Internet is a changing medium and these links may become invalid or change.
5. We seek to provide coverage of all relevant individuals, companies, products and trends, and are not unduly influenced in that coverage by advertisers. Our judgment of what news to include on the site, what sources to interview for stories and what photos/graphics we use is determined only by our attempt to offer interesting and relevant content to our readers.
6. Once a news item is published, we attempt to contact individuals featured or quoted in the story immediately after it appears on the site. If those individuals point out an error of fact, we will immediately correct the inaccuracy. We do not, as a matter of policy, change direct quotes or make other changes to accurate copy once published, unless, in our judgment, the change serves to improve the story.
7. We will accurately label various types of content. Contributed articles, blogs or opinion pieces will clearly be bylined to the contributing author or may be labeled as "Commentary." Content that is provided by an industry source, including case studies, white papers and press releases, will be labeled to distinguish it from original and exclusive content produced and written by Networld editors and freelancers.
8. Corrections policy: We strive to meet the highest standards for accuracy and completeness. It is our policy to immediately correct any factual error as soon as we become aware of it and can verify it.
9. Opinions expressed by bloggers are those of our valued contributors. We do not necessarily share or endorse those opinions.