- PROJECT HELP
- WHITE PAPERS
MANHATTAN, Kan. — The American Institute of Baking is taking enrollment for its annual Practical Pizza Production Technology, scheduled this year for Oct. 11-15.
According to the AIB Web site, this intensive five-day course is for the people looking to start a pizzeria, as well as experienced operators needing answers to technical questions about their core product.
For this seminar, AIB will draw on its own experts, including Tom Lehmann (the "Dough Doctor", as well as guest consultant "Big Dave" Ostrander) and its state-of-the-art facilities to provide students comprehensive, easy-to-understand explanations of current pizza production methods. Sessions feature a blend of lectures and hands-on lab time, and ample time is allowed for questions and answers.
Subjects covered include:
* Current and Future Trends of the Retail Pizza Industry
* Function of Ingredients
* Dough Technology
* Pizza Crusts on the Market Today
* Additive Dough Ingredients
* Pizza Sauce Basics
* Cheese as a Gourmet Topping
* Retail Dough Processing Techniques
* Herbs and Flavorings
* Thin Crust Pizza
* Thick Crust Pizza
* Demographics and Pizza
* Chemically Leavened and Frozen Pizza Dough
* "Take & Bake" Pizza Production and Marketing
* Food Safety Issues
* Pizza Ovens
* Starting a Pizzeria on a Shoestring
Space is limited for this seminar, so enroll early to assure your place in the course.
For registration information, click here.
Read these stories about PizzaMarketplace.com senior editor Steve Coomes' experiences at "pizza school" in 2002.
* Day One at the AIB Pizza School
* Day Two at the AIB 'Pizza School'
* Day Three at the AIB 'pizza school'
* Pizza School
© 2015 Networld Media Group All rights reserved.