- PROJECT HELP
- WHITE PAPERS
ANN ARBOR, Mich. — No doubt, many New Year's Eve diners will sit down to some high-end, haute cuisine while saying goodbye to 2004. But according to a survey conducted by Domino's Pizza and Impulse Research, a whole lot more of them will ring in the New Year on a belly full of pizza.
According to the survey, 62 percent of Americans plan to stay home this New Year's Eve, and Domino's stores across the country plan to double their staffs in anticipation of selling more than 1.5 million pizzas to those homebodies that night alone.
The survey also said that 52 percent of Americans likely will have pizza, compared to 26 percent dining on steak, 20 percent planning on shrimp and a mere 1 percent having caviar. Nearly 40 percent of those surveyed said they plan to order a pizza on either New Year's Eve or New Year's.
"Pizza is the ultimate party food," said Tim McIntyre, Domino's Pizza spokesperson. "Whether families are gathering to watch the ball drop or their favorite team play, pizza is the perfect food to serve."
The survey uncovered some interesting findings about the combination of pizza and football:
* 70 percent of respondents will watch a bowl game on TV.
* 68 percent of respondents order pizza while watching football games on TV.
* 35 percent eat about three slices of pizza per game, while 2 percent say they eat a whole pizza.
* Males average about four slices of pizza per game, while females average about three slices.
* Of favorite foods to accompany pizza during a football game, 56 percent favor wings, followed by garlic or cheesy bread (46 percent), beverages (45 percent) and breadsticks (43 percent).
* During football games, respondents are more likely to order before a game starts (65 percent) as opposed to halftime (27 percent) or between games (8 percent).
Topics: Domino's Pizza
© 2014 Networld Media Group All rights reserved.