Aug. 30, 2006
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Fast Casual magazine
is calling for nominations for its annual Top 100: Movers and Shakers
. Company officials said the ideal nomination will be a person, brand, restaurant, product, trend or anything else that has influenced the fast-casual segment.
"We are looking for trendsetters who've helped create this new hybrid that is fast casual," said Fred Minnick, editor of Fast Casual magazine. "Nominations can range from a casual-dining chain that created an express concept to an influential fast-casual executive to a supplier that's developed new technology."
Minnick said the magazine is not just looking for fast-casual restaurants.
"We believe outside segments – like QSR and casual – plus, technology and people, have made major impacts on this industry," he said.
The magazine also announced its selection panel, which includes:
- Darren Tristano, vice president of Technomic;
- Brian Sill, founder of Deterministics;
- Stuart Morris, former Jack in the Box exec and founder of QSR Consulting Group;
- Paul Barron, publisher of Fast Casual magazine and former consultant;
- Steve Coomes, senior editor of NetWorld Alliance's Foodservice Division;
- Fred Minnick, editor of Fast Casual magazine.
To nominate a brand, person or technology click here
. Nominations must be filed by Oct. 15.