The Great Food Truck Race is back on the Food Network for a fifth season, with a new cast of food truck hopefuls on a road trip from Southern California to Key West, Fla. The seven-episode series, hosted by Celebrity Chef Tyler Florence, premieres Aug. 17 at 9 p.m.
The premise of this season focuses on eight teams of rookies who have food skills, concept ideas and the desire to own a food truck business, according to a news release. Each three-person team is provided a vehicle for the race, but only the grand-prize winner gets to keep their food truck and a $50,000 cash prize to start their business.
"The food truck industry has become a very viable way to enter the culinary world, and we love giving the winner the keys to their new career," Food Network SVP Bob Tuschman said in the release.
This season’s teams include:
- Beach Cruiser (Venice, Calif.)
- Chatty Chicken Truck (Chattanooga, Tenn.)
- Gourmet Graduates (Providence, R.I.)
- Let There Be Bacon (Cleveland)
- Lone Star Chuck Wagon (Houston)
- Madres Mexican Meals (Norwalk, Calif.)
- Middle Feast (Los Angeles) and
- Military Moms (Fort Drum, N.Y.)