Groupon has launched Breadcrumb POS, a free iPad app that, according to a company press release, enables restaurants, salons, spas and retail merchants to replace their outdated cash registers with an easy, affordable solution.
Breadcrumb POS comes with Breadcrumb Payments, a service that offers:
- Rates of 1.8 percent plus $0.15 per transaction (MasterCard, Visa and Discover) with no hidden costs or monthly fees
- And free processing on first $5,000 in credit card transactions (promotional offer)
"What attracted us the most to Breadcrumb POS was how easy it was to install and use," said Akansha Khosla, manager, Rick's Ice Cream, Palo Alto, Calif. "It enables us to speed up transactions during busy periods and easily calculate reports at the end of the day."
Mihir Shah, VP Merchant OS, said it also has the following benefits:
- Fast and easy set up – Download the free app, sign up for a payments account, connect a card swiper and optional printer and begin using an iPad to process transactions within minutes.
- Powerful features – Everything local businesses need to operate more efficiently and deliver outstanding customer service—log cash transactions, accept credit card payments, print or email receipts, calculate multiple tax rates, manage menu items, view transaction history and issue refunds.
- Next-Day Deposits – In addition to low rates on credit card processing fees, merchants will receive their deposits within 24 hours — much faster than the typical experience of waiting two to three business days.
- Business insights – View in-depth, real-time reports on product mix, daily and monthly sales, past customer purchases and deposit records.
- And free live support – Breadcrumb POS customers receive 24/7 phone technical assistance from a dedicated team of specialists.
"With this launch we can help every local business replace their outdated cash registers with a modern, affordable, money-saving tool that allows them to save on credit card transaction fees and run their businesses better," Shah said. "The successful adoption of Breadcrumb Pro by restaurants and bars has been very encouraging, with some of the finest venues in the country using it to run their businesses. As a result, we decided to launch Breadcrumb POS and bring the power and simplicity of this product to more merchants."
Read more about technology.