- PROJECT HELP
- WHITE PAPERS
LONDON—The Iceland supermarket currently is developing a pizza aimed at setting pulses racing and libidos leaping.
According to a news release, the 760-unit chain will soon introduce the "Pizzagra." The heart-shaped pie is currently under product trial.
"Customers tell us they love romance and that they really love pizza, so why not combine the two?" Iceland's Steve Sweeney said in the release. "Food has long been associated with the art of seduction, so we're combining romance with one of the most widely enjoyed foods in the UK."
The Pizzagra features:
* Tomato, garlic and basil base: Basil is a renowned stimulant, helping to boost sex drive, fertility and produce a general sense of well being for body and mind. Garlic traditionally stirs sexual desires and has been used for centuries to cure everything from the common cold to heart ailments.
* Artichoke: The French once believed women who ate artichokes were reputedly loose.
* Asparagus spears are rich in vitamin E, which is thought to stimulate the production of sex hormones.
* Red peppers are said to stimulate circulation.
* Onions: Egyptian priests were forbidden to eat onions, as it was once believed they stirred up passions.
* Ginger, which stimulates circulation and heightens sensitivity.
* Cardamom, which contains two androgens (hormones that increase sexual desire in men) and cineole, a compound known to stimulate the central nervous system.
* Chocolate spread: Chocolate is a popular aphrodisiac containing the chemical, phenlethamine, which is released naturally in the brain when humans fall in love.
* Banana slices: Bananas are rich in potassium and B vitamins, necessities for sex hormone production.
© 2014 Networld Media Group All rights reserved.