Oct. 8, 2012
Less than a month after announcing its latest opening in Spring, Texas, Mellow Mushroom is set to expand even further in the Lone Star State. On Oct. 15, Mellow Mushroom will open its doors in Frisco, Texas, under the ownership of Luis Gonzalez.
"My family fell in love with the Mellow Mushroom location in Germantown, Tenn. My kids and wife love the unique concept and unmatched taste in pizza. The Kosmic Karma and Red Skin Potato Pie are our favorites," Gonzalez said. "Frisco is a fast growing city with a vibrant and energetic market, where Mellow will be a great addition. We knew this would be the perfect location."
The design of the Frisco Mellow includes:
- A round Spanish influenced turret;
- An artfully crafted metal and found objects robot;
- The bar ceiling consists of layered light boxes illuminating through a collage of colored glass and glass objects;
- The back bar explores painted glass with a colorful printed graphic of a field of mushrooms;
- A private patio bar incorporates an actual vintage VW bus;
- Word art made with everyday items spelling "mellow" words;
- A Lichtenstein-inspired graphic complete with lighted thought bubble;
- A black-and-white striped Mel caricature covering the walls of a private dining space; and
- A custom chandelier made with internally lit clear tubes that have been filled with marbles.
The new restaurant also includes the Mellow Mushroom Beer Club, trivia nights, sports packages and other events.
Read more about franchising and growth.