AllergyEats today released its 2014 list of Most Allergy-Friendly Restaurant Chains nationwide, which included Uno Chicago Grill and, new this year, Mellow Mushroom.
According to a news release, the chains were selected because they rank the highest on AllergyEats' website and smartphone app, per feedback from the food allergy community. AllergyEats restaurant ratings are based on how well restaurants have accommodated food-allergic diners.
Results were based on diner feedback from the AllergyEats website and app through Dec. 31, 2013. This year's winners include:
Large chains (more than 200 units)
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (4.45 rating)
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro (4.43 rating)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (4.41 rating)
- Outback Steakhouse (4.35 rating)
- Romano's Macaroni Grill (4.20 rating)
Medium (50-200 units)
- Bonefish Grill (4.43 rating)
- Ninety Nine Restaurant (4.28 rating)
- Mellow Mushroom (4.26 rating)
- Uno Chicago Grill (4.24 rating)
- Bertucci's Brick Oven Restaurant (4.17 rating)
Small (under 50 units)
- Burtons Grill (4.90 rating)
- Maggiano's Little Italy (4.73 rating)
- Papa Razzi (4.68 rating)
- Legal Sea Foods (4.67 rating)
- Not Your Average Joe's (4.66 rating)
"These restaurants have demonstrated a superior willingness and ability to accommodate guests with food allergies. We applaud their exemplary efforts around food allergy protocols, training and education and congratulate them for earning a place on this prestigious list," said Paul Antico, founder and CEO ofAllergyEats.