Dec. 22, 2002
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Ohio Restaurant Association (ORA) will host its annual Mid-America Restaurant, Soft Serve & Pizza Show on Sunday and Monday, Feb. 23-24, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio.
According to the ORA, the show draws more than 14,500 independent restaurant owners, chain operators, managers and industry suppliers from a six-state area
Along with more than 330 exhibit booths showcasing food products, restaurant equipment and services, a full schedule of seminars and speaker presentations beneficial to pizzeria owners are scheduled. On Sunday:
* Mid-America Pizza Pizzazz/U.S. Official Pizza Team Trials. The two-day event (gourmet pizza is judged on Sunday followed by traditional pizza on Monday) will see the selection of two winners of an all-expense paid trip to Salsomaggiore, Italy, to compete in the world pizza championships in the spring.
* Xavier A. Teixido, FMP, owner-operator of Harry's Savoy Grill in Wilmington, Del., and chairman of the National Restaurant Association (NRA) will speak on pro-restaurant legislation and developments in obesity lawsuits filed against industry quick-service chains.
On Monday morning:
* General Mills' Tim Huff will lead a seminar entitled "Pizza Dough 101."
* Restaurant marketing guru Tom Feltenstein will speak on "The Magic of Neighborhood Marketing & Four Walls Promotion."
* Bill Eves will speak on "How to Sell/Buy a Restaurant."
* Dave Covell with the Cuyahoga County Health Department will discuss "What to Expect From Your Local Health Inspector."
* Nick Hall, IRS Area Director will answer the question, "Can the IRS Really Help Me?"
* Shelly Prueter will address labor concerns in her presentation entitled "Relationship, Recruiting: Hiring Intelligence, Experience & Motivation Isn't Enough."
The show is open only to foodservice industry personnel. Registration is $15 before February 8, '03, and $25 on-site. Show registration may be completed online at www.ohiorestaurant.org.
For registration information on the U.S. Pizza Team Trials, contact the Ohio Restaurant Association at (800) 282-9049.
For exhibit information contact Exhibition Productions Inc. at (800) 909-SHOW (7469).