MonkeyMedia Software, a provider of turnkey catering solutions for restaurant operators, has announced the launch of its MMS Catering Institute — an education and certification institute for restaurants implementing or improving catering and off-premise operations.
The MMS Catering Institute is geared toward executive, management, leadership and all other team members who are focused on ensuring their catering programs are a success and that programs maintain scalability for future growth. All of MonkeyMedia Software's strategy and education services will now be offered by the Catering Institute.
Services of the Catering Institute include:
- Regional Catering Certification Workshops – These one-day regional workshops offer certification in the areas of sales, marketing, operations, delivery programs and centralized services for catering operations. The workshops are open to restaurant executive teams, management teams and front line catering team members looking to further develop their catering opportunities. The first workshop, Catering Sales Management Certification, will be held June 6 in Chicago. To register for the workshop, visit the Catering Institute website.
- Catering Strategy and Consulting Services – Strategy and consulting services are provided at the company-level to help restaurant brands develop a successful catering and off-premise business. Services include the development of a brand-specific catering program that covers everything from establishing a catering business model and specific menu to catering sales, marketing and execution plans.
- Catering Education Curriculum – These customized, daylong sessions focus on training for all members of the catering team including catering sales managers, store operators, delivery drivers, catering service representatives and local store marketing managers. These modules are designed to enable restaurant companies to offer their catering customers a consistent and scalable catering experience across all assets of the brand. This certification process is supported by educational manuals, regular training classes and ongoing assessment.
- Industry Affiliate Certification – These daylong certifications are geared toward restaurant industry service providers who wish to provide their products and services to restaurants exploring the catering sales channel. The MMS Catering Institute certifies industry partners in The Five Pillars of Catering: Leadership, Centralized Services, Sales and Marketing, Operations and Delivery Services.
- Catering Speaking Engagements – These seminars are available for franchise conventions, corporate engagements and industry conferences. These sessions focus on how restaurant concepts can build their catering and off-premise business channel, as well as best practices for improving existing catering operations.
- Catering Webinars – These webinars feature operators, vendors and professional service providers who have shown success in the catering segment.
"With the launch of our MMS Catering Institute, restaurant leaders will get the best strategy available in the marketplace to execute their catering business in and out of their four walls. In order to offer a consistent customer service experience there needs to be alignment throughout the entire organization. We bring teams together so every perspective is accounted for in the overall business strategy because catering touches every single department," said Lisa DeFeo-Bass, vice president of the MMS Catering Institute .
The MMS Catering Institute is complementary to the services of the company's software division, which provides its proprietary web-based enterprise software platform, MonkeyCatering.
Read more about operations management.