Most 'life-changing' pizzas named by Esquire
Oct. 25, 2012
With nearly 70,000 pizzerias in the U.S., it's no easy task to pick favorites. But Esquire attempted to do just that through its "most life-changing pizzas" list announced through a recent "Eat Like A Man" blog.
The results were derived from a reader poll that excluded national chains. Likely to the chagrin of New Yorkers, Chicago staple Lou Malnati's emerged as the winner by 0.6 percent. Lou Malnati's has 34 locations and made its debut in 1971.
It was followed by:
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria, New Haven, Conn.;
- Lombardi's Pizza, NYC;
- Pastaria by Niche, St. Louis;
- Gino's East, Chicago;
- Roseland Apizza, Derby, Conn.;
- Di Fara Pizza, Brooklyn;
- Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix;
- Modern Apizza, New Haven, Conn.;
- Patxi's Pizza, San Francisco;
- Savoy Inn, St. Paul, Minn.;
- DiCarlo's Pizza, Elm Grove, W.Va.;
- I Love Spicy Pie, San Diego;
- Zuppardis Apizza, West Haven, Conn.; and
- Venturi, Goshen, Ind.
Read more about trends and statistics.
Food & Beverage
Marketing / Branding / Promotion
Trends / Statistics