NRA 2009: Five hot new products on the show floor
May 15, 2009
The 2009 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show kicked off today at Chicago's McCormick Place. The show runs May 16-19 and features new and existing products that include everything from technology and equipmment to food and beverage solutions.
Here are five hot new product launches designed to keep operators ahead of the curve:
- From FooDoo comes an online-ordering, reservations and e-mail-services solution for the restaurant industry. FooDoo is exhibiting with Long Range Systems in booth No. 6032.
- Coca-Cola FoodService has launched a series of takeout beverage solutions, including a new 4-pack beverage carrier, designed to increase the number of takeout beverage orders at restaurants. The carrier is designed to handle 20/22-ounce, 32-oz., and 40-oz. beverages and can be found in Coca-Cola booth No. #2003
- DefrostWatch is a freezer-application temperature indicator created to show whether a freezer has ever temporarily malfunctioned or lost power that resulted in its internal temperature rising above 32 degrees. The application, which also shows how long the food was allowed to thaw before re-freezing, can be found in Daymark booth No. 1402.
- From IDT comes the TXT-N-$AVE mobile marketing program, which gives restaurant owners and managers the ability to deliver marketing messages such as BOGOs to customers who sign up to receive the messages. IDT is showcasing the solution in booth No. 5567.
- Tyson Foodservice has launched its line of Bonici Chicken Wings and Boneless Wings.
The wings are medium-sized, available fully cooked in Oven Roasted, Hot 'N Spicy flavor and Garlic Herb flavors. They can be found in booth No. 2412.
Trends / Statistics