CHICAGO — The National Restaurant Association will debut its celebrity bookstore during the NRA Hotel-Motel Show, May 19-22, in Chicago.
Celebrity chefs and star restaurateurs will sign their latest books and share their expertise with show attendees during the four-day event. Attendees also will be able to browse the onsite bookstore for a full range of industry-related books, in addition to books by the appearing authors.
"Chefs and restaurateurs have more star power now than ever, as Americans discover the restaurant industry's finest through the Food Network, consumer foodie magazines, network and cable television shows, and many other channels," said William C. Anton, 2007 NRA show convention chairman, and chairman and founder of Anton Airfood Inc. "While cooking traditionally happened 'behind the scenes,' it is now taking center stage. We are excited to feature some of the most well-known industry celebrities and provide Show attendees with the opportunity to meet them."
To date, individuals to appear in the NRA Show Celebrity Bookstore include:
- Rick Bayless: Host of Mexico-One Plate at a Time on PBS, and owner of Chicago's Frontera Grill and Tobolobampo.
- Tom Douglas: Chef and owner of Seattle's Dahlia Lounge, Etta's, Palace Kitchen, Lola, and Serious Pie.
- Gale Gand: Executive pasty chef and partner of Tru in Chicago.
- Thomas Keller: Chef and owner of The French Laundry, Bouchon, and Bouchon Bakery, in Yountville, Calif.; Bouchon in Las Vegas, NV; and Per Se and Bouchon Bakery at The Time Warner Center in New York City.
- Danny Meyer: President of Union Square Hospitality Group, which includes Union Square Cafe, Gramercy Tavern, Eleven Madison Park, Tabla, Blue Smoke, Jazz Standard, Shake Shack, The Modern, Cafe 2 and Terrace 5 at New York City's Museum of Modern Art, and Hudson Yards Catering.
- Steve Raichlen: Award-winning author, journalist, cooking teacher and TV host.
- Art Smith: Contributing editor to the Oprah Magazine and Oprah.com, and has appeared several times on The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Rick Tramonto: Executive chef and partner of Osteria di Tramonto, Tramonto's Steak & Seafood, RT Lounge, and Tru, Tramonto.
Click here for more information.