Sept. 25, 2013
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, a provider of integrated security and surveillance solutions, will showcase its latest video surveillance technologies and solutions at ASIS International this week in Chicago.
New offerings on display at the show include Panasonic's surveillance video recording server, facial search and recognition system, camera line and technology solutions for specific markets. These solutions allow operators to make actionable decisions that put safety first, according to a news release.
"With the introduction of the latest security and video surveillance technologies, Panasonic continues to expand the capabilities of our security solutions portfolio to help protect people, property and assets across the world," Greg Peratt, Panasonic Video Solutions Integration Team senior director, said in the announcement.
Panasonic's new products include:
- WV-ASR500 Scalable Network Video Surveillance Recording Solution: The new WV-ASR500 software recording solution offers an expandable Windows server-based video recorder, providing customers with flexibility to build a surveillance recording and monitoring installation around a single scalable software-based platform. The ASR500 features include multicamera-time-synchronized playback, event- and time-based search and multiple video export and archiving functions among other features. When coupled with Panasonic ASM200 or ASM970 client applications the ASR500 system serves as a complete video management solution featuring support for IP cameras and encoders as well as integration with third-party security hardware and access control systems from a range of manufacturers. A mobile control client also will be available for Android and iOS phones and tablets.
- WV-ASF900 FacePro Facial Search and Recognition System: The new server-based FacePro facial recognition and matching platform enables facial search and matching on video from Panasonic i-PRO Cameras utilizing the Face Detection option. Boasting a real-time processing capacity of up to 20 cameras per server, FacePro can execute searches of up to 1,000 registered reference faces on both live and recorded video, and each server can store millions of detected face images depending on configuration. Reference face images can be selected from source video or imported via BMP, JPG and PNG files and can be searched for a match in seconds, according to the release. In addition, this technology allows for advanced age- and gender-analytics reporting and the ability to set flexible alarm triggers on matched faces using live cameras. FacePro can support multiple simultaneous sessions using the Panasonic ASM200 and ASM970 client applications. The new system will be released later this year on pre-integrated and tested server platforms.
- New 6 Series i-PRO Camera Platform: Panasonic's new 6 Series i-PRO camera line is based on its next generation UniPhier LSI processors. The 6 Series cameras feature 60 frames per second performance on both 720p and 1080p models and improved compression efficiency via UniPhier's new Shadow Compression Engine. The new platform features Enhanced Super Dynamic technology enabling a 130db video dynamic range delivering performance even in challenging lighting conditions. The new 6 Series cameras have the ability to encode up to four H.264 streams simultaneously and feature high sensitivity in low light conditions generating usable color video at less than 0.1 lx illumination. Dual SDXC memory card slots are also supported for high-capacity edge recording. The 6 Series models on display at ASIS include two outdoor weather- and vandal-resistant cameras that offer built-in infrared LED illumination – a Full HD 1080p/60p resolution model (SFV631L) and a 720p/60p resolution model (SFV611L). Additional 6 Series cameras are slated for introduction throughout 2014.
- New HD and Full HD Surveillance Cameras: New cameras on display include the WV-SC588 indoor domeless Full HD PTZ and WV-SW115 low-profile surface mount HD cameras. Available now, the WV-SC588 includes Panasonic's Mega Super Dynamic imaging technology, 360-degree endless panning, a 30x optical zoom lens and a high-sensitivity 2.0 megapixel MOS sensor for enhanced signal processing and performance. Also on exhibit and scheduled for release in spring 2014, the weather- and vandal-resistant WV-SW115 delivers a wide 104-degree view in a minimum profile package and offers Panasonic's Super Dynamic Response, 720p resolution and H.264 compression. Both cameras are compatible with Panasonic's FacePro facial search and recognition technology.
- ClearSight Rain-resistant Dome Coating: A permanent, rain-resistant dome coating increases the operational utility of outdoor cameras in wet weather.
Panasonic's booth will also feature solutions for specific markets. These include:
- IP/Phone and Security Integration Solution: Panasonic's KX-UT670 Smart IP desktop phone gives customers unified communications and visual surveillance capabilities in a single platform and integrates with select Panasonic iPRO video surveillance camera models. The SIP phone delivers support for up to six different SIP accounts, three-way conference calling and full duplex speakerphone capabilities. It also features a seven-inch color touchscreen that allows easy navigation to all phone options including a camera monitoring function that displays live video feeds and captures images from up to 16 connected Panasonic i-PRO cameras.
- Transit Solution: The ruggedized Mobile Network Video Recorder Solution for transit surveillance provides the image quality agencies need to ensure public safety, manage incidents, reduce risks and address liability claims onboard trains and buses.
- Mobile Control Room Solution: Combines the rugged mobility of Toughpad tablets with Panasonic's line of surveillance technology, providing a mobile platform for comprehensive remote wireless surveillance.
- Toughpad FZ-G1 - WV-ASM200 i-PRO Management Software Solution: Utilizing Panasonic's WV-ASM200 video management software, users can control and view live feeds from up to 256 directly connected network cameras, and access recordings from up to 100 recorders, directly from their Toughpad tablets.
- Toughpad FZ-A1 - WJ-NV200 i-PRO SmartHD Network Disk Recorder Solution: Designed for remote viewing and full control of up to 16 network cameras, this solution connects wirelessly to Panasonic's WJ-NV200 Network Video Recorder for mobile surveillance management without requiring the use of a PC.
Read more about systems and technology.