Jan. 9, 2014
Papa John's has announced a package of incentives as part of its 2014 Development Incentive Program. According to a news release, franchisees signing development agreements in the U.S. now through 2014 can receive:
- No franchise fee ($25,000 value);
- A free set of Middleby-Marshall ovens, which may be purchased by the franchisee for $50 after operating for three years;
- 0 percent royalty for first 12 months of operation;
- Second 12 months: 1 percent royalty;
- Third 12 months: 2 percent royalty;
- Fourth 12 months: 3 percent royalty;
- Fifth 12 months: 4 percent royalty.
- A $3,000 food credit with PJ Food Service, which operates Papa John's fresh dough and food distribution quality control centers, for each restaurant that opens at least 30 days prior to the scheduled opening date.
"We are excited to offer this industry-leading development incentive program to new and existing franchisees," said Tim O'Hern, Papa John's chief development officer. "The Papa John's brand has a lot of momentum right now, and there are still a lot of areas for growth throughout the U.S., so now is the perfect time to become a Papa John's franchisee."
The program is generally available for new U.S. unit development agreements for traditional delivery and carryout units signed by qualifying franchisees through Dec. 28. Similar incentives are available for development of qualifying non-traditional units. The incentives are subject to the complete rules and eligibility requirements of the program at the time of signing a development agreement.
Read more about franchising and growth.