Aug. 13, 2014
Food Supplier US Foods announced the ten finalists yesterday of its Top Family Friendly Restaurants competition.
Those nominated are considered "the best in helping families create memorable dining experiences through food, family and fun," the company said.
"At US Foods, we're always looking for ways to help our customers become more successful and keep their diners coming back for more," said John Mueller, Vice President, Merchandising & Marketing, US Foods, in the release. "Family friendly dining goes beyond creating a great menu and this contest recognizes top restaurants from across the country that makes the entire dining experience enjoyable for kids and adults alike."
Pizzerias are named in five of the 10 finalist spots:
- Eckert's Country Restaurant in Belleville, Ill., which features family-style dishes and a year-round family farm
- Giuseppe’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria in Ruther Glen, Va., which allows kids to create their own pizzas
- JJ Twigs in Lake Ozark, Mo., known for its $1 kid’s menu and three large aquariums filled with local fish and turtles
- Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant in Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif., which offers kids menus with more than 17 mind games and puzzles
- The Mill Pizza Buffet and Games in Remerton, Ga., which offers a creative line up of kid-friendly pizzas and an arcade full of games for all ages
- Randy’s Wooster Street Pizza in Manchester, Conn., which offers a creative kid’s menu and weekly family fun nights
- Ruckus Pizza Pasta & Spirits in Morrisville, N.C., which offers family games and tasty homemade dishes
- Salty Iguana in Prairie Village, Kan., known for its kid-friendly menu and funky iguana wall décor
- Via’s Pizza & More in Topeka, Kan., known for its weekly Monday Kids Night
- White Fence Farm in Lakewood, Colo., a family restaurant that has its very own petting zoo
Finalists were chosen by culinary experts, who evaluated "kids' menus, family friendliness and overall fun environment." The top five restaurants will receive a mention in Food Fanatics Magazine and win a $2,000 US Food Culinary Equipment & Supplies credit. Winners will be announced Sept. 2.