Feb. 13, 2014
PNC Merchant Services has introduced a new tablet-based point-of-sale system for restaurant owners/managers. The Clover Station from First Data Corporation is capable of replacing the cash register, credit/debit card terminal, receipt printer and barcode scanner, according to a news release.
Clover Station features include:
- High-resolution touch screen – Equipped with an encrypted card reader and a fast-focusing camera for barcode and QR scanning.
- Cloud technology – Allows merchants to track their business operations from anywhere, at anytime.
- Always online – Merchants can process transactions even if the Internet connection is disrupted.
- App Market – New apps are available for download to help grow a merchant's business. Options include apps to assign and transfer tables between servers, or to establish special pricing during happy hour.
- Simplify management duties – Access to employee timecards, transaction reports and inventory management all on one system.
"Clover offers restaurants advanced technology and user-friendly functionality," said David Shorten, senior vice president and general manager, PNC Merchant Services. "Its cutting-edge technology and features can help restaurant owners manage and simplify their business."
Read more about POS systems.