Sept. 21, 2012
Russo's New York Pizzeria's gluten-free pizzas will be available in the frozen aisle of grocery retailers beginning in October.
Demand for the gluten-free options has been high since Chef Anthony Russo rolled them out at most of the 28 Russo's NY Pizzeria locations.
The gluten-free, all-natural pizzas come in six varieties, including NY Style Cheese, Greek, Margherita, Chicken Rustica, Pepperoni and Italian Mozzarella and Russo's signature Mulberry Special, which is topped with Italian sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon and hamburger.
All ingredients are gluten-free and are made in a gluten-free facility.
"When creating the frozen pizza line, I knew I wanted it to be gluten-free," Russo said. "There is a large demand for gluten-free products and I want our customers to know we are listening. As we embark on launching the product line in the southwest, we are keen to work with grocers nationwide."
- Randall & Tom Thumb (Austin, Dallas and Houston stores);
- Kroger (Select locations in Dallas and Houston);
- Rice Epicurean (All locations in Houston market);
- Beldens (All locations in Houston market);
- Reasor's (All locations in Oklahoma market);
- AJ's (All locations in Phoenix market).
The Russo Pizzeria franchise is also offering the private label program for the new line of pizzas. For inquiries, contact Scott Treadaway at 713-821-1318.
Read more about food and beverage introductions.