Slice: The Pizza Challenge will make its debut in Los Angeles July 28 and 29.
The pizza industry event will feature a competition to find the country's best pizza makers in six different categories, including deep dish (Chicago style), gourmet (restaurant style), gluten-free, traditional (Old World style), best original and best international.
The Pizza Challenge winners for each category will receive $1,000 and a chance to compete for the $10,000 grand prize at a finale event planned for 2013.
After the Los Angeles winners are selected, another Slice: The Pizza Challenge event is set for New York City Oct. 6 and 7. The finale event will combine winners from both L.A. and NYC.
Slice: The Pizza Challenge will also play host to exhibitors and vendors who work with pizza operators, providing an opportunity to engage with potential new clients.
The event will feature celebrity hosts, such as:
- Allan Stephan, co-producer and VIP host. The comedian has headlined nearly every major club in the country and has played for sold-out crowds alongside Sam Kinison.
- Lisa Ann Walter, celebrity host and pizza judge. The comedienne, author and actress has appeared on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Nip/Tuck, Las Vegas and more, as well as films, such as The Parent Trap and Bruce Almighty.
- Alejandra Schrader, celebrity host and pizza judge. Schrader was a finalist for MasterChef with Gordon Ramsay. She is a trained architect and urban planner and has started a private chef business while continuing to make public appearances and cooking demonstrations.
- Ron Pearson, celebrity pizza judge. This comedian, actor and world-record holding juggler has starred in shows such as The Drew Carey Show, Two Guys and a Girl, That 70s Show and more. He has also hosted game shows and reality TV shows on the Family Channel and Discovery Channel.
- Chef Rory Herrmann, celebrity pizza judge. Herrmann is responsible for the daily supervision of the kitchen staff at Bouchon in Beverly Hills. He has also served as the private dining chef at Per Se, Chef Thomas Keller's fine dining establishment in NYC.
- Johnny Venokur, VIP guest emcee. Venokur recently starred on VH1's Scott Baio is 45 and Single and earned a nomination for the Fox Reality Awards' Favorite Villain category.
Slice: The Pizza Challenge is produced by JelMar Productions. Slice works to raise money for the Sweet Relief Musicians Fund and the Race to Erase MS.
More information about the event and how to exhibit is available at 800-411-6057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about operations management.