Feb. 13, 2013
AllergyEats, a guide to allergy-friendly restaurants nationwide, has revealed the most accommodating restaurant chains based on feedback from the food allergy community. Restaurants were rated solely on how well they've accommodated food-allergic diners, and not on any other factors, such as ambiance or food quality.
"These chains have demonstrated their willingness and ability to accommodate guests' food allergies and prepare meals in accordance with diners' special dietary restrictions," said Paul Antico, founder and CEO of AllergyEats.
Restaurant chains were grouped into three categories: Large (more tha 200 units); Medium (50 to 200 units); and Small (less than 50 units). The following lists the most allergy-friendly chains through January 2013, as a result of diner feedback on the AllergyEats website and app:
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (4.47 rating)
- P.F. Chang's China Bistro (4.45 rating)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (4.38 rating)
- Outback Steakhouse (4.34 rating)
- Longhorn Steakhouse (4.30 rating)
- Bonefish Grill (4.50 rating)
- Ninety Nine Restaurant (4.22 rating)
- Zpizza (4.22 rating)
- Uno Chicago Grill (4.22 rating)
- Bertucci's Brick Oven Restaurant (4.13 rating)
- Burton's Grill (4.88 rating)
- Maggiano's Little Italy (4.76 rating)
- Not Your Average Joe's (4.73 rating)
- Legal Sea Foods (4.65 rating)
- Papa Razzi (4.64 rating)
AllergyEats lists more than 575,000 restaurants nationwide, which food allergic diners can rate. The site also offers information on menus (including gluten-free menus), allergen lists, nutrition information, certifications, web links, directions and more.
Read more about food safety.