Jan. 26, 2010
U.S. Foodservice has launched two new Web sites to help restaurant operators improve sales and efficiency. Foodsight and Beyond the Plate offer articles, tools, testimonials, product solutions and interactive features created to assist foodservice professionals in building their business.
"Foodsight is based on our 150 years of experience in the industry and offers insightful, incisive and inciting information for the foodservice professional," said Mark Eggerding, senior vice president, Street Sales, U.S. Foodservice. "The Web site includes the most insightful research in the industry and incisive recommendations that will incite restaurant owners to pursue a higher level of success."
The site has six main sections:
- Featured Category: In-depth articles on a different product category each quarter;
- Market Insights: The latest industry trends and research;
- Business Solutions: A variety of management tools;
- Operator News: Operator profiles and success stories;
- Additional Products: Information on other U.S. Foodservice exclusive brands, products and supplies; and
- Resources: Partner links and program information.
Beyond the Plate is an online, interactive resource center where foodies and professionals can learn about and discuss new products, marketplace trends and the art and enjoyment of good food. Visitors can access a wide range of food information, including recipes, training videos and articles about food, dining and the culinary lifestyle. There is also a special "Ask the Chef" feature where visitors can get answers to their questions from U.S. Foodservice expert chefs.
This quarter, both Foodsight and Beyond the Plate are focusing on disposables and environmental sustainability. Content is updated regularly to keep both sites fresh and relevant.