LOS ANGELES — The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo opened Aug. 23 at 10 a.m. Pacific time in Los Angeles. Held in the Los Angeles Convention Center, show organizers are expecting 15,000 people to attend.
The exhibit floor opens at 10 a.m., featuring:
- The Innovative New Product Gallery — new food, beverages, desserts, ingredients/condiments, equipment, environmental safety, technology, and solutions in the industry.
- Product launches include Dr. Smoothie Brands' seven new exotic flavors added to its CafÃ© Essentials line of gourmet beverages include Mexican Spiced Cocoa and Matcha Green Tea Latte.
- The Second Annual Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum — industry experts handpicked by master chef and head of the Culinary Institute of America for more than 20 years, Ferdinand Metz.
- Sessions include The Five Reason Why They Leave, presented by Dick Powell, senior recruiter, Brad Metzger Restaurant Solutions; and Staying Alive in Today's Economy: Five Sure-Fire Steps to Control Costs, presented by Chris Weinberg, The Barfly Group, who will address using the KISS approach to control cost of goods.
- Keynote speaker Nolan Bushnell, founder and former chief executive officer of Atari Corp. and Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theatre, and CEO of uWink, will kick off the weekend at 12:30 p.m Aug. 23.