Blaze targets $1B in sales by 2022
System-wide sales at Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza were up 83 percent to $185 million in 2016 over 2015, according to a company press release. The build-your-own pizza chain also projected system-wide sales this year — its fifth full year in business — to exceed $292 million. In five years, the company expects system-wide sales to exceed $1 billion, Jim Mizes, COO and president of Blaze Pizza, said in the release.
"We spent our first five years in business refining our restaurant model and building out the infrastructure and franchise network to support our rapid growth," he said. "We now have the people, processes and systems in place to achieve our goal of becoming a billion-dollar brand by our 10th birthday."
- AUVs of $1.45 million in 2016.
- Achieved year-to-date same store sales growth of 5 percent through February 2017.
- Accelerated restaurant openings with 250 locations planned by year-end. Major metropolitan areas now being developed include New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Dallas, Detroit, Miami, Atlanta and Toronto.
- Signed a multi-year endorsement deal with global icon and NBA All-Star LeBron James.
- Added "brand-building" locations at Walt Disney World in Florida, Universal Studios in Hollywood and Staples Center in Los Angeles, home of the NBA's Lakers and Clippers and NHL's Kings.
- Launched a smartphone app featuring online ordering, mobile pay and loyalty rewards.
- Removed artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and high-fructose corn syrup from all ingredients for pizzas and salads.
- Changed to a plant-based straw so that all packaging is now 100 percent eco-friendly (recyclable, compostable or made from post-consumer content).
- Grew overall guest satisfaction, including a system-wide average 4.3 rating across online consumer review sites.
- Projecting system-wide sales of $417 million in 2018 and $1.1 billion in 2022 — the 10th full year in business.
- Projecting 375 restaurants open at the end of 2018, and 855 restaurants open at the end of 2022 — all supported by a current franchise commitment pipeline of 324 units.
Topics: Franchising & Growth