California Pizza Kitchen introduces globally inspired items
California Pizza Kitchen has launched its "New Adventures" menu, five globally inspired options with an emphasis on flavor and lower-calorie counts.
"Our New Adventures menu offers what our discerning guests are looking for: a dish that's full of bold flavors yet nutritious and light." said Brian Sullivan, senior vice president of Culinary Development at California Pizza Kitchen.
The new dishes include:
- Quinoa + Arugula Salad (610 calories): A super-grain salad with arugula, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, toasted pine nuts and Feta tossed in housemade Champagne vinaigrette. The Quinoa + Arugula Salad features the increasingly popular quinoa, which is considered a "super food" due to the seed's high protein content.
- Fire-Roasted Chile Relleno(380 calories): Spicy poblano stuffed with chicken, cheese, corn & black bean salsa, wild mushrooms, spinach, and eggplant topped with housemade avocado salsa verde and cilantro. The Fire-Roasted Chili Relleno, a typically deep-fried Mexican dish, is lightened up with a fire-roasted cooking technique that adds a rich smoky flavor.
- Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Fettuccine (550 calories): Shrimp sautéed with lemon, garlic, and white wine tossed with zucchini ribbons, fettuccine, parsley and Parmesan. The Shrimp Scampi Zucchini Fettuccine offers a low-carb option by replacing 80 percent of the traditional fettuccine noodles with zucchini ribbons.
- Grilled Chicken Chimichurri(550 calories): Marinated grilled chicken breast with pan-roasted vegetables and our housemade Argentinean chimichurri sauce. The Grilled Chicken Chimichurri highlights a traditional Argentinean condiment with mildly spicy notes.
- Cedar Plank Salmon (640 calories): Salmon roasted on a cedar plank with smoked paprika and lime served with white corn and spinach succotash, topped with feta. The cedar plank infuses the filet with a dynamic, smoky flavor without using butter or oil.
Read more about food and beverage innovations.