Mellow Mushroom turns up the heat for Mexican-inspired menu
Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers has launched a new Up in Smoke menu, featuring Mexican-inspired dishes with ingredients such as mole sauce, chipotle and poblano peppers. According to a news release, the new menu, which also includes specialty cocktails, is available nationwide now through July 27.
The Up in Smoke menu includes:
- Fully Blazed Chicken Mole Pie: Signature Mellow Dough with a Mexican mole sauce as a base. Topped with all-natural grilled chicken, caramelized onions, the signature mushroom trio, mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Mel’s Fattie:A large flour tortilla filled with grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese and caramelized onions, served on top of a tomato, black bean and corn base.
- Smokin’ Shrimp Calzone: Signature Mellow dough filled with roasted peppers, caramelized onions, the signature mushroom trio, shrimp, Mexican chorizo sausage and mozzarella cheese.
- Holy Mole Hoagie: Grilled chicken tossed in Mexican mole sauce. Topped with roasted poblano peppers, caramelized onions, the roasted mushroom trio, mozzarella, and feta cheese on a hoagie roll.
- Shrimp Rajas Salad:Field greens and romaine topped with sautéed shrimp, roasted poblano peppers, caramelized onions, sprouts, sunflower seeds and Roma tomatoes, all tossed in a chili lime vinaigrette.
- Chicken Poblano Bowl:Chicken tossed in Mexican mole sauce topped with melted mozzarella and served on spinach with roasted poblano peppers, caramelized onions, mushroom trio, sprouts, feta cheese and Roma tomatoes.
- Tortilla Soup:A vegetarian-based soup made with onions, black beans and corn. Garnished with avocado and chipotle cream.
- Psychadelic Cookie Sundae: A house-baked cookie served with vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
As a featured accompaniment to the Up In Smoke menu, Mellow Mushroom is offering Samuel Adams Rebel IPA, a West Coast–style IPA with hop-forward flavors and subtle notes of pine and grapefruit that pair with the smoked jalapeño flavors of the new signature dishes, the company said.
The Up In Smoke menu also features new house cocktails, including the El Diablo margarita, infused with fresh jalapeño and served with a half rim of chile lime salt, and the Hot Mama, a blood orange margarita, made with Solerno blood orange liqueur, Milargo Silver, agave sour, Mellow Meringue and fresh ginger, served with a half rim of orange cayenne salt.