Chuck E. Cheese's deploys cloud-based HR solution
Chuck E. Cheese’s parent company, CEC Entertainment Inc., has deployed Workday Inc., a SaaS-based enterprise solution for global human resources (HR), payroll, and financial management, to handle its financial processes and a workforce of approximately 17,000 employees.
Workday will provide CEC Entertainment with:
- A multi-tenant SaaS delivery model, viewed by CEC Entertainment as the right direction for business systems, both today and in the future;
- Workday manages and delivers updates to all of its customers three times a year to ensure customers are current on the latest application and technology innovations.
- Access to critical business information and services for a workforce increasingly on the go through Workday's mobile solutions, available on all modern smartphones, as well as native applications for the iPad and iPhone mobile devices.
- An intuitive interface and a consumer-like user experience that will appeal to CEC Entertainment's digitally savvy workforce for fast, broad adoption.
Additionally, Workday Financial Management provides CEC Entertainment with:
- A business-event driven financial solution that supports comprehensive financial accounting requirements on a unified, global platform.
- Customer-defined Worktags that let managers track transactional data and analyze it across dimensions such as personnel, customers, products, regions, and projects.
- The ability to simplify its chart of accounts, reducing administration and maintenance costs, while maintaining rich multi-dimensional business visibility.
- Built-in controls at the transactional level to support governance and compliance in all regions in which it does business.
CEC will also be able to leverage Workday HCM so employees can easily update their own information such as address changes by using mobile devices. And Workday Payroll provides a flexible solution with intuitive and configurable self-service capabilities for managing day-to-day and period-to-period payroll activities.
"By selecting Workday, our company was able to leapfrog yesterday's on-premise technologies with a system that will support our business now and in the future," said Tiffany Kice, executive vice president, chief financial officer, and treasurer at CEC Entertainment.
Read more about restaurant systems and technology.